There are quite a few AGA er’s down at the NAHB International Builders’ Show (IBS) in Orlando this week. The IBS is the largest residential building industry tradeshow in the world. The event is projecting more than 60,000 attendees and 1,200 exhibitors this year. There are more than 200 educational sessions and special events during the show. They have a nice interactive grid feature on their website to help you figure out where to go.
If you decide to stop by the Natural Gas and Propane Industries booth, you may run into Carter Oosterhouse, host of HGTVs Carter Can, a regular contributor to the Rachael RayRay Show and the spokesperson for the Council for Responsible Energy. Carter’s a big fan of natural gas appliances. He was actually on Fox News today (see video below) talking about them and some other great energy saving tips. Here’s what he said about natural gas appliances:
Natural Gas Water Heating:
- Heats water up to twice as fast and ensures comfort even during a power outage.
- More than 50% reduction in carbon emissions.
- Among the many types of water heaters on the market, some models – such as highly efficient gas storage water heaters, heat pumps, solar water heaters and tankless water heaters – are up to 50 percent more efficient than traditional gas storage water heaters.
- Energy Star qualified tankless water heaters will save an average of more than $40 per year for each person in your household, compared to a conventional gas model.Fuel costs will continue to creep up, making it all the more practical to think about a long-term strategy for saving energy and money on your next water heater.
- Tankless water heaters have a 20 year shelf life.
Natural Gas Clothes Drying:
- More than 50% reduction in carbon emissions
- Clothes are dry in nearly half the time
Natural Gas Cooking:
- Style and performance upgrade for heart of your home.
- Precision control preferred by 96% of professional chefs.
Let us know if you’re at the IBS show in the comments.