Here’s a great story on the Honda Manufacturing plant in Indiana starting the mass production of their 2012 Civic Natural Gas vehicle. The Greensburg, Indiana plant earned a Platinum Award for quality from J.D. Power and Associates in 2011. One of only three plants worldwide to earn that honor.
The plant will begin two-shift production teams starting October 24 that will double their capacity from 100,000 to 200,000 vehicles annually. They’re increasing production to stock Honda’s growing network of dealers providing sales and service for the Civic Natural Gas. That number is expanding from 72 Honda dealers in four states to nearly 200 dealers in 36 states.
The 2012 Civic Natural Gas is powered by the cleanest internal combustion engine ever certified by the U.S. EPA. Some of the features/benefits include:
- Natural gas, as a low-carbon fuel, emits 25 percent less CO2 emissions than gasoline when used to power an internal combustion engine
- Significantly reduced operating costs compared to gasoline.
- Equipped with the Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System featuring an exclusive database of publicly-accessible Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) refueling stations across the United States
- New styling, enhanced performance and increased fuel economy.
- Qualifies single-occupant access to High-Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) “carpool” lanes in California and several other states
- Equipped with Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® for wirelessly connecting compatible mobile phones, and a USB audio interface for compatible music players.