Thomas “The Big Blogger” Skains is the
Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Piedmont Natural Gas. Tom was elected Chairman of the Board by Piedmont’s Board of Directors in December 2003, CEO in February 2003 and President and Chief Operating Officer in February 2002. Previously, Tom served as Senior Vice President – Marketing and Supply Services and directed Piedmont’s commercial natural gas activities since joining the company in April 1995. Prior to joining Piedmont, Tom was employed by Transcontinental Gas Pipe Line Corporation in Houston, Texas as Senior Vice President – Transportation and Customer Services. He joined Transco in 1981 as an attorney and served as corporate and senior attorney before being named Vice President in 1986 and Senior Vice President in 1989. Tom has a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Sam Houston State University and a Doctorate of Jurisprudence degree from the University of Houston Law School. He serves as the 2009 Chairman of the American Gas Association and was Chairman of the Southern Gas Association in 2006. Mr. Skains also serves as a member of the corporation of Johnson and Wales University. In Charlotte, he has served on the Boards of the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce, the United Way of Central Carolinas and as Chairman of the Board of Trustees for Providence Day School. He has also served as co-chair of the 2004 & 2005 American Heart Association Charlotte Metro Heart Walks and the 2006 Charlotte-Mecklenburg Arts and Science Council Annual Fund Drive. Tom is an inactive member of the State Bar of Texas.
Get updates via email
- What is Your Natural Gas Utility doing to Help Prevent Pipeline Damage?
- AGA Scholarship Program to Support Students Seeking Careers in Natural Gas Industry
- Future of LNG Industry in the United States Looks Bright
- LNG 17, We Have Lift Off
- LIHEAP Advocates Lobby Congress for Funding
- Don’t be a Fool – Call 811 before You Dig
- Heating Your Home with Natural Gas Can Help Save You Money
- Driving the Nation to a Secure Energy Future: The White House Gives a Boost to Natural Gas Vehicles
- The Importance of Accurate Data
- Transitioning to a Greater Reliance on Natural Gas for Electric Power Generation
May 2013 S M T W T F S « Apr 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31